clap clap blog: we have moved


Wednesday, April 09, 2003
I swore I wasn't going to post again today, but I can't resist this little bit from an interview with Roseanne Cash. Apparently it runs in the family:

Q: What do your kids think of you?

A: [Laughs uncontrollably.] What a loaded question to ask a mother! Actually, my daughter Chelsea answers my fan mail. And she came across some really rabid hate mail. And she's not supposed to do this but she wrote one of them back and said, "If you ever talk to my mother like that again, I'll hunt you down." [Laughs.] She said, "I'm not peaceful like she is."

And I said, "Chelsea, oh my God, you shouldn't have done that. You didn't say you were going to kill him did you?" She said, "No, I just said I'd hunt him down."


For some reason I find the thought of Johnny Cash's little granddaughter beating the crap out of some conservative country music fan incredibly wonderful.