clap clap blog: we have moved


Tuesday, May 20, 2003
Some scattered bits before I get to the "meat" (ahem) of the postings for today--although I suspect these may be slim as I am still reeling from seeing the Matrix last night, and I should, er, probably get some work done. But anyway:

Fluxblog gives me a shout out today, which is much appreciated, and so I'll just repeat what I said below: go read.

Salon has a good rundown of Ari's lies, although Helen Thomas is curiously absent.

Finally, the Times did a story on Cornel West's role in the Matrix. They repeat Baudrillard's grumbling that the first movie "stemmed mostly from misunderstandings" of his work (well duh Jean, but I would hope that a critical theorist would welcome the reinterpretation) and Cornel talks about how the second movie is kind of a critique of the first. I will stop here before I go off on a total geek-fest, as I have already been doing that in e-mail. Ahem.