clap clap blog: we have moved


Thursday, June 19, 2003
The impact of their flesh against my boot is starting to feel not unlike a rotting horse corpse, but check out the Pitchfork newswire today. A Radiohead item starts off thusly:

To celebrate the release of Radiohead's Hail to the Thief, Capitol Records is pulling out all the stops-- first by announcing the band's U.S. release dates a few at a time, so as to force publications like ours to run two stories on the band in one week; and also by giving away a one-of-a-kind Vespa scooter and tricking-out one lucky Kennebunkport man's Segway personal transporter:

This is followed by, guess what, the pictures of Bush falling off his Segway, which would have been funny, eh, a week ago. It wasn't even that funny then. Now, though, it's...well, here's what I wrote in response:

Dude, that Segway joke was soooooooo funny! You guys could totally write for Leno! I'm serious--you're THAT good!

I hope you stay, though, because I look forward to hearing the Sigur Ros / Joey Buttafuoco jokes you've got planned for next week.


Yeah. It's on the level of late night monologue humor. I'm assuming they'll figure out that I'm being sarcastic, but this has not been the safest assumption in the past.

And yeah, I know I said I was going to stop writing them, but this one's just too good to resist.

UPDATE: They reply: "What, did you fall off of your Segway too?" The wit, the wit! Stay outa the comedy clubs, kids, you'll get eaten alive if that's your best comeback.