clap clap blog: we have moved


Tuesday, July 15, 2003
Eschaton, in its annoying way, points us to a Bush quote in which...well, just read:

Q Mr. President, thank you. On Iraq, what steps are being taken to ensure that questionable information, like the Africa uranium material, doesn't come to your desk and wind up in your speeches?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, let me first say that -- I think the intelligence I get is darn good intelligence. And the speeches I have given were backed by good intelligence. And I am absolutely convinced today, like I was convinced when I gave the speeches, that Saddam Hussein developed a program of weapons of mass destruction, and that our country made the right decision.

We worked with the United Nations -- as Kofi mentioned, not all nations agreed with the decision, but we worked with the United Nations. And Saddam Hussein did not comply. And it's the same intelligence, by the way, that my predecessor used to make the decision he made in 1998.


Yeah, 1998. Yeah, "my predecessor." He's actually trying to bring Clinton into this! Which is weird, because, you know, Clinton bad. It's also weird because he's saying the info they were acting on is at least five years old.

Incidentally, Mr. President, a lot of the people who are pissed off about the WMD thing now weren't particularly happy about Clinton's Iraq strike, either.