clap clap blog: we have moved


Monday, July 28, 2003
More:

***
To: "Catherine Lewis"
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 12:17 PM
Subject: Re: argh

Catherine-

Fair enough about the draught, but like I say, I think the way you folks handle the negative letters you do receive may have an effect on that. But maybe not.

Good to know that you need to be cc'ed on letters to the writers if they're gonna get published--you may want to put something to that effect on the staff or contact page, as I was actually unaware.

Incidentally, while I've got you: there was this odd phenomenon where Brent's "official" response to my and someone else's White Stripes letters, published on April 7--a response which was odd enough in that it was in the third person and kind of un-parsable--was taken down the next day. Any memory of what was up with that?

Thanks for the reply.

***

From: "Catherine Lewis"
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: argh


> Good to know that you need to be cc'ed on letters to the writers if they're
> gonna get published--you may want to put something to that effect on the staff
> or contact page, as I was actually unaware.

Yeah, I'm thinking about how to handle that....

> Incidentally, while I've got you: there was this odd phenomenon where Brent's
> "official" response to my and someone else's White Stripes letters, published on
> April 7--a response which was odd enough in that it was in the third person and
> kind of un-parsable--was taken down the next day. Any memory of what was up
> with that?

Yeah.... it wasn't really from Brent. I thought it was, based on the tone and the return address, but it wasn't, so I took it down rather than changing the headline, etc. I'm sorry about the confusion on that (although I must admit, I was as confused as everyone else :)


***

Well, that clears up something I've been wondering about for a while.