clap clap blog: we have moved


Wednesday, November 26, 2003
I haven't been keeping up on the blogs so well lately, but I did notice somedisco Scott mention Stellastar in passing and I'm curious how people are regarding them. I sorta-kinda know them, and at any rate saw 'em in a number of small clubs in Brooklyn a year or more ago and am on the mailing list, etc., but feel utterly unmotivated to buy the album now. But I do know they're on a major label and all, but are they being fellated by the UK press or anything?

The problem with knowing a band before other people notice them is that it's hard to get a good sense of how well-known they are, since you naturally tend to pay attention to any small mention of them, whereas with a band you were otherwise unfamiliar with, it would take a greater number of mentions to start to build up a recognition...

(Incidentally, here is a good somedisco post on the Pixies.)