clap clap blog: we have moved


Thursday, November 20, 2003
It's weird--despite this whole "community" thing, I really feel pretty separate in the blogosphere. I guess I was more part of it back in the Justin/Dizzee era (ah the glory days of four months ago), and maybe it's because I refuse to post on ILM, but this kind of stuff kind of weirds me out. I'm one of the biggest referrers to NYLPM? Really? (And Matt's Fluxblog is one of the biggest music blogs? But I'm going drinking with him on Saturday!) And Luke only gets 50 hits a day more than me? Weird.

I guess it's all pretty small anyway, so it makes sense, but it's still a bit odd. In my head it's not really personal--this ain't no party, this ain't no LiveJournal--but it's also not, I dunno, that wide either. I'm not Pitchfork, know what I mean? People aren't going to randomly notice me. Although I have gotten a few really nice little life morsels as a result of the blog--mail from some of my favorite people, mostly, and stronger connections with people I'm glad to know. But that's really it. I've gotten mentioned specifically on NYLPM a few times, but I don't think Simon ever linked directly to me, and blogs that feel like they have a "bigger influence", like Gawker and TMFTML, don't seem to acknowledge me. Which is fine--don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that given that, it seems odd to be known by other people. Really, my audience isn't bigger than three college English classes...

Got this from Somedisco, which I'd been shockingly lax in checking lately, due to general business. Thanks for the link, though.

I should post more.

I never check referrer logs.