clap clap blog: we have moved


Thursday, November 13, 2003
Just looked at Billboard Bulletin and noticed that Outkast has two singles in the top 10--"Hey Ya!" and "The Way You Move." Good for them!

However, it does prompt me to write a letter.

Dear songwriters,

Listen to me. "Hey Ya" is at number 5 on the Billboard chart. It has been on the chart for 6 weeks.

Listen to me. "Hey Ya" is a goddamn indie-rock song. And it's at #5 on the chart.

Listen to me. You can do this. It's not that hard. Write a song as good and produce it well and you'll be all set. "Hey Ya" is a fantastic song, but there are lots of fantastic songs out there that clearly aren't on the chart. Why? Because they pussed out, that's why. Produce it right. Just for fun. Do it for me.

Would somebody please fucking do this, please? Argh.