clap clap blog: we have moved


Friday, November 07, 2003
The other day I got a package from Stephen Notley, author of Bob the Angry Flower, containing two autographed books, which I actually won in a contest, oddly, and I just wanted to thank him publicly and give a whole pile of pointers to BTAF, which I honestly think is one of the funniest goddamn things ever.

More specifically, I love the pacing of it. If a graph of your typical three-panel strip looks something like this:
                              / - - - !        __/===\          /               |
 --             \-------/                 |_

Then a Bob strip looks more like:                            !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                            |
                                                                            |
   ?----|                                                                /
-----/ \         !!!!!!!!!!!!!\               /
            \----\   /         \         /                  \-------/            \_________/


Know what I mean? There's maybe a punchline halfway through, maybe not, but it drops off for a few panels, and then has an ending that just goes waaaaahhhhhhANGGGGGG!!!! If that makes any sense.

Oh, also Kofi Anaan is a regular character, which makes me very happy. Go read, if you don't already.