clap clap blog: we have moved
Thursday, December 04, 2003
Grammy nominees list can be found here. Enjoy.
- Four actually good albums for album of the year! Missy, JT, Outkast, White Stripes. (!)
- Fountains of Wayne nominated for "Best New Artist." Hahahahahahaha. Guys, they put out two albums on Atlantic before this, OK?
- A bunch of good ones for record (i.e. single) of the year, too: "Crazy in Love," "Lose Yourself," "Hey Ya."
- FoW gets a nod for best pop group performance for "Stacy's Mom." They could win it, too--they're up against the Eagles, Matchbox 20, Bon Jovi, and No Doubt, all of whom, actual quality aside, did not have strong years. If there's anyone who deserves to win a goddamn Grammy, it's Fountains of Wayne.
- Only one of the people in the female rock category is actually a rocker. I don't mean that in a snide way: I don't think Pink, Michelle Branch, Avril or Lucinda Williams would classify themselves as such. Well, maybe Avril, but she's wrong.
- Tom Waits get a nom for covering a Ramones song?
- Both J. White and W. Zevon get nods for best rock songwriting.
- A mediocre Flaming Lips EP gets nominated for best Alternative album? Uh, Interpol? The Shins? Well, let's not even go down that path.
- Kelis' "Milkshake" gets a nod! Wahoo!
- I feel like Evanesce is gonna clean up, but c'mon voters, let's give Outkast some due here.