clap clap blog: we have moved


Wednesday, January 07, 2004
I'm not going to post my year-end list of anything because it's not very interesting, as Sasha intimates in his Menand response. (About which I would have the brief comment that having more artifacts of culture to examine makes for cultural producers with many more influences, and I certainly like that.) I always enjoy reading Simon's year-end lists because there's so much stuff I haven't heard about; needless to say, this is not the case with mine, so it will remain in the metaphorical lockbox. Maybe I'll link to the ballot when it's up and post the comments I made, but eh, maybe not. Hopefully they'll print the one where I express a desire to knee Ryan Schrieber in the gonads. Nothing like a feud to increase sales.

Incidentally, I was listening to the dance station here in NYC (103.5) yesterday when I heard a remix of "Cry Me a River" that sounded like it would be comfortable on an R&B-heavy oldies station, like it's from the late 70's or early 80's. Some funk guitar, a pretty constant organic beat. Ring any bells? I kind of liked it--it made the structure of the song much more transparent.

I also heard "Yeah" on 91.1, which was weird but nice. Much nicer than driving a moving van from 181st street to 35th street on Broadway, let me tell you.