clap clap blog: we have moved


Monday, January 12, 2004
A song just came on WinAmp and I thought, "Wow, this sounds like one of those shitty nights back at the coffeehouse in college." And then I looked, and saw it was a Jason Molina song Tangmonkey posted. Which is significant because both Jason and I went to college at a little place called Oberlin. Weird.

Boy, I hate that guy. And I've hated him since before I found out he was an Obie and/or a PF favorite, by the by. But it's presumably clear at this point that the slow, sad male-singer-with-a-guitar genre is not my thing. And I'll be the first to admit that this is a particular irrational hatred...

Josh Ritter--another Obie, who I actually saw perform a few times as an undergrad--doesn't really anger me in that way, but it does occasionally weird me out to see the places he pop up nowadays (Greil Marcus' Real Life Top 10, a Starbucks CD, etc.).