clap clap blog: we have moved


Thursday, February 19, 2004
It's kind of weird to read about Woebot and Simon having backlogs of stuff to listen to. I mean, it only takes you 3 minutes to listen to a song, and 30 minutes at most to listen to an album enough to know whether or not you're going to like it. Unless you have a job where you can't listen to music, and I'm guessing neither of those guys do, there's nothing stopping you from listening to 20 albums a day. Sure, you might need more time to give stuff a really close listening, but for me, the problem is far more one of acquisition--finding the time to download the stuff off soulseek or finding the money to buy more stuff from the store.

I'm just saying that stacks of music aren't much of a problem, especially compared to books. Takes me at least a week to get through a book, and that's when I'm being really dedicated. Ah well.