clap clap blog: we have moved


Monday, April 26, 2004
Joe is right--the stuff that's been going up on the Plan B website is pretty awesome. The thing that really got me is this kickass piece on the Muppets, or more specifically I suppose on the Muppets' albums. The only thing I'd say about it is "more!" Really, Gonzo's whole body of work is begging for an extended inspection, and I mean that in full seriousness. The bits about musichall and irony are especially good. I actually meant to do a bit on the Muppet Show a while back when I watched a DVD or two, but never got around to it. Still, it's really interesting to revisit now--the vaudeville stuff is much more obvious, and now that I'm more used to laugh tracks I can get over them better. The musical interludes used to annoy the hell out of me, but I really appreciate them now, and I can't help but wonder how seeing that weird, wide-ranging selection of genres effected my later taste. Probably not much, but they still do a great "Devil Went Down to Georgia."