clap clap blog: we have moved


Monday, June 21, 2004
So The Morning News linked to the latest Klosterman thing without linking to the post it was from, maybe not realizing that I posted it on my own webspace. But said webspace is actually the domain of my band, so maybe some people followed the linkback and were like, "Qwah?" So thanks, I guess. I suppose since technically I didn't write it and am "stealing" it from the original magazine, I shouldn't complain though, eh?

To make this not a total piece of self-indulgent tripe, here's another Klosterman article, this one from the NYT Magazine, and concerning a therapy-centric movie about Metallica, which he really sets up, knocks down, and then helps back up again.

"This is the point where 'Some Kind of Monster' starts to change; what it becomes is not a glorification of rock 'n' roll but an illustration of how rock 'n' roll manufactures a reality that's almost guaranteed to make people incomplete."

At the end of the article, he talks a lot about his various interviews with the people involved in the movie, but there are really only 4 or 5 quotes in the article itself, so here's hoping an extended version comes out at some point. I'd love to see a comparison of the two Hetfield interviews, for instance.