clap clap blog: we have moved


Monday, December 27, 2004
BLUEBERRY BOAT UPDATE

The BB project will come to a conclusion (not the conclusion, mind you) by this Thursday. This conclusion will include the following:

- An analysis of "Mason City," as two different textual ones have been provided by kind contributors;

- Two separate summations;

- At least one informational appendix; and

- Possibly a surprise or two.

Of the four songs I have not analyized, none seem to have anything to do with the overarching storyline. "1917" is about the Chicago White Sox. "Birdie Brain" I will probably analyze at some point, but does not seem to have much to do with the rest of the album. "Turning Round" only has four lines, although I will likely do an analysis of this at some point as well. "Wolf Notes" is a cute little ditty about toy instruments but, again, no plot to speak of. Of these four, the one I am most likely to also do an analysis of before I start concluding things is "Birdie Brain."

I've been listening to the album all morning, for the first time, I think, in a quiet environment, and I've been hearing things I've totally missed before, which is somewhat embarasssing. I will be making a few corrections to previous interpretations, but these will not be done retroactively, and instead will be simply incorporated into the text of the summmations, and possibly noted. So it goes with blogs.

The album still sounds very, very good.