clap clap blog: we have moved


Wednesday, December 22, 2004
Looking at Hillary's lists, I realized that the Kelly Clarkson single is on neither Pitchfork's nor Stylus' lists. This is absolutely insane. There's no question in my mind that it's the single of the year, but if you've heard it, I don't think I need to go to the trouble of listing the singles that made those two lists that are just objectively not as good as "Since U Been Gone."

Look people. I figure at least like 60% of my readership must be Pazz & Jop voters, so know this: if that song does not even make it into the final total, let alone the top 10 where it clearly belongs, I am going to have to bust some serious heads. If you have not listened to it yet, go listen to it now. I will be happy to gmail you a copy. It was released in 2004, so if you don't vote for it now you won't really get a chance next year, and believe me, you're going to be kicking yourself in about two months if it doesn't make your list. Do not sleep on this.