clap clap blog: we have moved


Thursday, January 13, 2005
So the label I work for has acquired, as per its present business model, another label, which label has a rather large catalog as a result of its own previous acquisitions of other labels. It also has as one of its divisions, whether through acqusition or not I'm unclear, a gospel label. So I'm currently going through and setting up a bunch of stuff and inputting some things and just generally reconciling their catalog with ours. The problem is that we set everything up by catalog number, and some of the documents I need to classify don't have catalog numbers on them, just bits of titles. And since the only thing I knew about the label before this morning was that, er, we own them now, I've been familiarizing myself with the catalog piecemeal via allmusic and amazon searches. The funny thing is that I've been able to classify each project as gospel, classical, or other with total accuracy based solely on little fragments of the title. It's remarkably easy.

But the reason I am writing this is because of the name of one of these gospel groups, which is pretty much the best name ever. It is: THE MIGHTY CLOUDS OF JOY. Yes! Awesome! I want to be in The Mighty Clouds of Joy! Those are three such good and unlikely-to-be-combined words: mighty clouds! Clouds aren't mighty, though. Clouds of joy! Well, what the hell is that? Mighty joy! Huh? But MIGHTY CLOUDS OF JOY: awesome.