clap clap blog: we have moved


Thursday, March 17, 2005
Hi! I'm not in Texas, because American Airlines fucked up my plane ticket and booked me for Tuesday rather than Wednesday. They then refused to either refund my money or put me on a different flight or even give me my return ticket, and during our lengthy phone conversation I was repeatedly told that I needed to have some personal responsibility. I could make up for this lack of responsibility by paying them $1000 for a new ticket. I had neither the ability nor the desire to do this, so here I am, back at work.

I briefly toyed with the idea of doing a prank SXSW blog in which all of my rock critic fantasies came true (I met Kelly Clarkson and we cut an EP together of PJ Harvey covers before doing an unannounced late-night gig, etc.) but I don't really have the restraint or dedication necessary to make a good prank work, so never mind.

Bottom line: do not fly on American Airlines. Ever ever ever.