clap clap blog: we have moved


Monday, May 16, 2005
Incidentally, if you haven't seen the LCD Soundsystem setlist, you really should.

ADDENDUM: I posted this mainly because it made me laugh, but then I thought about it a bit and it's kind of creeping me out. It's like, I dunno, the Decemberists doing their setlists in the form of tech cues or Kraftwerk doing theirs in binary. (Yes, OK, Kraftwerk's setlists probably are binary, but you know what I mean.) LCD Soundsystem are well known for being self-conscious, self-deprecating record collection rock, but this just seems to be taking it to a ludicrous extreme. Maybe it's because the band in-jokes are apparently the same as the band's public jokes, or maybe it's because it acknowledges that people outside the band are gonna look at the setlist, but...ah, I dunno. Never mind.