clap clap blog: we have moved


Wednesday, July 13, 2005
For those who don't read the comments, I've added section headings to the post below (which, whoa, really is long) partially at the request of Hillary, but mainly because I like numbering things and giving them didactic titles. (Really. I know that sounds sarcastic, but you don't even know how many pieces I've written where the editor's had to remove all my section headings.) Hopefully it will be of some help, or at least amusement. Hopefully it will not reveal that I don't actually structure these things too well.

Also, said post was linked on the Voice's music page and positioned as a salvo against the Washington City Paper as a whole. OK, I never actually mentioned the paper's name, but sure, I'll pick up that mantle. Me and Johnny Ashcroft gonna be throwing crowbars in printing presses all day tomorra.

I do like that with the section they quoted you're alerted that yes, there will be footnotes. Hahaha.

You may also be interested in this Riff Raff post, which has a link to a song by The Sands.

Oh yes, also, I forgot to mention in my whole why-the-web's-good thing that despite the numerous things printed about MIA all over the alt-weekly universe, no one would have ever run my ridiculously long dissection of "POP," partially because of the length (3200 words!) and partially because it's not only about a single song, but a hidden track, and no one prints writing about songs these days. And, well, that's one of my prouder moments as a writer, so gooooo interweb.