clap clap blog: we have moved


Tuesday, November 08, 2005
I saw 50 Cent on Letterman last night and they made the mistake of interviewing him. While undeniably painful, the interview plus the performance (with the Late Show band doing the backing OMG most painful thing ever and a totally unresponsive audience of middle-aged midwestern tourists) made me realize something about Mr. 50: he's sort of like that one kid in the special needs class--let's call him Kevin--who likes thinking he's really tough and so the teachers always tell him he's tough and he says things like "I'm really tough!" and yells a lot when they play whiffle ball. You know that kid? Yeah. That's 50 Cent.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Kevins of the world--they're awesome and they don't take shit from anybody--but when they start doing things like this, you just have to say, "Kevin, calm down. Time for a nap, OK? You can promote your biopic later."