clap clap blog: we have moved


Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Well that was weird.

I was eating lunch in Union Square. As I finished, someone walked up to me and it turned out to be an old college friend, Alec Longstreth. We had a nice chat and then he left.

I then walked back through the park so as to get to the north side, thinking about how funny it was that I had run into Alec, and wondering if there was anyone else I knew in the park. At which point I passed a guy sitting on a park bench, thought he looked familiar, looked a bit closer, and realized it was Matt Friedberger. Eleanor was sitting on the ground in front of him.

I spent a decent bit of the last two days thinking about the Fiery Furnaces, and then all of a sudden there they are, sitting on a park bench. I didn't really know what to do about it ("Hi, my name's Mike, and I was mildly dissappointed with your new album"?), so I went to Barnes & Noble and looked at guidebooks.

So what should I have done?