clap clap blog: we have moved


Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Oh hello there. I have three reviews in Flagpole this week: Casper & the Cookies, CSS, and Mr. Lif. All, or at least the last two, are probably worth your time, and you know how highly I value your time. The Casper album is the one I mentioned some time ago about talking myself into liking it, and it has actually really grown on me. I feel I need to be a little less jumpy in my music-listening habits.

In totally unrelated matters:

- Has anyone pointed out that the singer from Man Man sounds almost exactly like Rob Zombie? He's just farther back in the mix.

- I think Nelly Furtado is going to be this year's Gwen Stefani in the sense that I loved loved loved it at first but slowly grow to absolutely despise it. I'm pretty disgusted with "Maneater" now. And I can't tell you how happy I was to hear the Stefani diss on the Puffy album.

- Speaking of, is there something sonicly particular about teenpop albums that makes them sound better on headphones, presumably the chosen medium for the chosen audience? The Puffy album sounded pretty meh on the home stereo, but on headphones this morning it really popped.